Accelerated Reader (AR) software installed in the classrooms and computer lab allows students to take in-class quizzes on books they have read for points. Each book has a designated reading level as well as point value.
- Helps kids get excited about books
- AR helps students focus attention on careful reading of books, which improves students critical-thinking skills and builds the intrinsic love of reading.
- Provides teachers with reliable, objective information
- Enables teachers to monitor both the quantity and quality of reading practice engaged in by their students.
- Helps to keep students challenged
- Using AR, students can read appropriate books within their zone of proximal development (ZPD). This ensures that every student is challenged without being frustrated.